Sunday, September 9, 2012

Color Palette Soap Challenge

















Have you seen the Color Palette Soap Challenge that Erica at Bath Alchemy has been hosting each week? 

It's a really cool idea, she posts a new color palette each week and challenges the participants to use at least 2 colors off the color palette to create a soap in either CP, HP or MP form. I had been holding on to an apple butter and pear blend that I couldn't figure out what to do with, but a soon as I saw the color palette for this week, I thought the colors would work really well for this fragrance blend. Interestingly, I noticed afterwards that the color palette looks different on my iPad than it does on my computer monitor, so my colors might be a bit off :)

I chose to use MP, simply because I only have a limited amount of both fragrances, and also because melt and pour soap is so predictable. I knew that the colors I made were the colors I was going to get.

This was just a short and sweet Sunday project, but I'm really happy with the way it came out. If you are interested in participating in the challenge, hop on over to Erica's blog!

 post signature

4 comments:

  1. Gorgeous, Cee Gee! Your soap looks like autumn, and I'll bet it smells great, too. I love the whipped M&P on top. Bravo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oooh, love your topping. How funny, I just had a pear scent morph to a spicy apple...they sound like the perfect pair :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! The fragrances do compliment each other very nicely...it makes me want to bake an apple-pear tart!

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
10