Thursday, May 23, 2013

Soap Sudsations


I can't believe it's Friday already...this week just flew by! I recently had a chance to exchange soaps with a fellow soaper from BC…Monica from Soap Sudsations. I received these adorable soaps from her yesterday:    


My daughter and I couldn’t stop sniffing the Strawberry Jam cupcake soap…it is so yummy! And we were both really taken with the detail on the kitty soap - the Tomato Leaf fragrance is fascinating too…you can definitely pick out the ‘green’ and ‘tomato’. The Chinese character for wealth is amazing too, you would really have to have a tonne of patience and an incredibly steady hand to fill in the detail like she has! I think my favorite fragrance though was the Beau Brummel - it’s a really interesting fragrance because it's not particularly woodsy or spicy, but it's definitely masculine and sophisticated. I put that one in our shower right away because I knew my husband would love it too! I used it this one morning and loved it!

I also wanted to share a picture of the note card she tucked into the package too:


Isn’t it just the cutest? My daughter was instantly smitten with the paper, she was sure it was homemade and it turns out she was right! Monica’s sister, Teresa, did make the paper and also took the picture that is on the note card. These are very talented sisters indeed! 

I'm so taken with these soaps, what a nice treat to receive these…thank you so much for swapping with me Monica! 


I hope you all have a lovely weekend, and thanks for reading!
post signature

16 comments:

  1. Monica's soaps are beautiful! The detail on the cat and the Chinese symbol must have taken a lot of patience. The Tomato Leaf FO is very interesting - it really does smell like the stem of a tomato right after it's snapped off the vine. And the note card is so cool!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is a perfect description Jenny, it smells exactly like the stem of a tomato! :D

      Delete
  2. Congrats! Beau Brummel is one my faves!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am really enjoying it too Laura, it's such an interesting fragrance!

      Delete
  3. It’s always amazing when you can swap with other soaper. You received very interesting soaps! I bet that it will not be easy to decide which one will be first to try :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It wasn't easy Gordana! I ended up did choosing the Beau Brummel :)

      Delete
  4. I could eat that strawberry jam cupcake soap ;)
    And I´ve been wondering what that tomato leaf smelled like. Been imagining the smell of tomato soup :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The cupcake does smell as cute as it looks! :D
      I was wondering too about the Tomato Leaf but Jenny described it perfectly above, it really does smell like the stem of a tomato right after it's been snapped off the vine!

      Delete
  5. Beautiful soaps..Monica did an amazing job with the details! The strawberry jam cupcake one sounds so good!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so glad you liked the soaps Cee, and thank you to everyone else for the lovely compliments. Thanks again for initiating the swap and I can't wait to get your soaps.

    On a side note, I had a Beau Brummel scented soap in the guest bath one time, and friends came over with their kids. Their 3 y.o. daughter kept asking her mom to take her to the bathroom. Turned out, she didn't need to go, she just wanted to wash her hands because she liked the smell. So to paraphrase the old commercial, "Manly yes, but gals like it too." :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh Monica, that's such a cute story! Proof that this fragrance is appealing to all ages! :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello from Monica's sister, Teresa! ;) Thanks so much for posting a pic of my card along with Monica's beautiful soaps, Cee! My sister speaks very highly of you and the gorgeous soaps you make, so I'm honored to be mentioned on your blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Teresa, you are both too sweet! My daughter noticed the note card right away, she was very taken with it :)

      Delete
  9. Those soaps are so super cute! I love the different designs. =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She did a great job! We've almost used up the Beau Brummel, a wonderful soap!

      Delete
  10. Monica is a great and talented soaper, and you are the lucky one to receive those beautiful and interesting soaps!Love them all!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
10